The table and 8 chairs I bought at the spring 2010 Beaver Run (Amish) Consignment Sale
I paid $10 for it.
Dates - held each spring and fall. It usually starts around 7am, and ends sometime mid to late afternoon, depending on how much is there. The Friday before the sale is a great night to go over and check out what all is there in advance. No sales Friday night, but you can buy doughnuts, hot dogs, hot sausage, and some baked goods.
Location - 290 PPL Road, Danville PA View on GoogleMaps
|BEAVER RUN CONSIGNMENT SALE|
|Date & Time:||April 17, 2010: All day|
|Description:||Amish Parochial School Spring Consignment Sale. 1 mile N of Rt 54 between Washingtonville and Turbotville. Farm related items, quilts, antiques, much more for sale. Consignments accepted prior to sale.|
|Host:||Beaver Run School|
|Location:||Beaver Run Parochial School|
1 mile N of Rt 54 between Washingtonville & Turbotville
Turbotville, PA 17772
row after row of farm equipment at the sale
From Benton News.net
"It is hard to have more fun at an auction than you can have April 17 starting at 8:30 AM at the Beaver Run Amish School during its 31st consignment sale. 290 PL Road, Danville, off Route 54 between Turbotville and Washingtonville. This is an all-day event with eight auctioneers or more at one time. All proceeds help support the Amish four parochial schools. Here is a partial list of items available: door harps, wooden wagons, butcher kettles, piano-box buggy, steam engines, Civil War leg shackles, pressure treated lawn furniture, grain binders, box wagons, cultivators, cultipacker, check lines, collars, jockey sticks, pony carts and market wagons. Breakfast is served from 8. The lunch stand has baked goods, chicken barbeque and homemade ice cream."
- you can get two copies of your number, so you can be in one location and your spouse in another, bidding at the same time.
- They do now accept credit cards, but last year there was ONE line for credit cards. It was long, and confusing. I suggest taking cash or a personal check.
- Get your number on Saturday. Yes, you can get them on Friday, but the check out lines to pay are by number, and the line is always longest for the early numbers, the ones picked up on Friday.
- Take an umbrella, and sunscreen, a bottle of water, and a folding chair. Even if it's not raining, you may want the umbrella for the shade.
- It often rains for one of the sales. it's held rain or shine. Wear boots if it's raining, it's a big muddy field when it does.
- Buy doughnuts, if nothing else. They are insanely good! They also sell BBQ chicken that is quite good, they BBQ it most of the day long.
- if you are there for the quilts, there are handouts that describe each quilt, it's size, etc.