Friday, September 28, 2012

2012 Christmas In The Valley

I know, I know, it is barely fall.. but if I do not get these items on my calendar early they get missed, or we end up double booked.  

I'm looking for details on a live nativity held at a small rural church on the way to Ricketts Glen - you travel through it in a horse drawn wagon?  I'm really hoping to find the details and go this year!  There is another live nativity held in Montgomery somewhere?  I'm looking for the details for that one as well..

Each year there are certain local events that are considered Christmas traditions for us. Christkindl in Mifflinburg, the candlelight Service at the Historic Warrior Run Church, and the mansion tour in Williamsport are some of our favorites!  There are so many great Christmas events in our area - these are just a few:

Adding the above to my list this year...




Nov 16-18
The mansion tour here is fabulous.  My boys love the train display.  Their Christmas parade is amazing.  

Sat, Dec 8th
Warrior Run Church
The candlelight service at the Historic Warrior Run Church
It's a beautiful service that we try to never miss!  Cookies and spiced cider are served after.


Dec 13-15th 
Christkindl
This is one of our favorite events each year.  It's a market, with parades, and entertainment, and displays.  My favorite time to go is for the Thursday night lantern parade, with St Nicholas arriving on a white horse. 

Dec 1st
Lewisburg Victorian Christmas Parade
(Always the first week-end in December)



High Tea At the Victoria House
4-6 pm. $13.00/person plus tax and gratuity. Reservations - 523-8090.
This is held each month, but I like to take my daughter at Christmas time.  :-)


Christmas Ornaments From Watsontown Glass

Each year Rick, at Watsontown Glass, designs a new glass Christmas Ornament, based on local history.  Each ornament comes with his written  description of the historical event it portrays.



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 1st
Last year we finally made it to Wellsboro for Dickens of a Christmas.  It was an awesome week-end away with my husband, we stayed in a cabin at Hills Creek, but the festival was not the highlight for us, and it's a "been there, done that, no need to do it again" event for us.  We always love Wellsboro, but any week-end will do.  


The Dickens Of A Christmas (in Wellsboro PA) Website

No comments:

Post a Comment