Friday, August 18, 2017

Places To Eat - Skybox in Montoursville

I've been wanting to eat here for ages - I think it was actually a different restaurant when I first noticed it?  I'm not sure.  It's a dark door, obviously a bar, in the middle of a block.  Nothing to draw me in there...  but they have roof seating.  I really wanted to eat on the roof.  

 

I was really surprised when we walked in, to see how HUGE this place is on the inside!  And it was light and fun  - this is some place we'd probably like eating downstairs, as well as on the roof.
Looking down from the steps, this is the area right inside the door.


This is the photo from their facebook page.  This is taken from the back of the restaurant, looking towards the front door.

The menu was fairly small.  I do not say this as a criticism, I think most menus are way too large.  It is most definitely a bar, although when we were there, it was a perfectly family friendly atmosphere.   We were there on a Tuesday night.  It was pretty much empty.   Most of the menu is appetizers and small items to order with drinks.  They have 17 tvs and aim to be a place where you can watch the game with friends, while having a drink. You can see their menu here - http://www.skyboxsportsbarandgrill.com/menu/

Our food was GOOD.  The fries have a seasoning on them.  The sandwiches are huge.  And the prices were really good!  To top it off, our server was fantastic.  She served us, without hovering.  Oh how I hate hovering waitresses.  
  

On the roof is a "tiki bar" with wooden stools, but there are also a nice selection of larger tables.  There is no elevator, and it's a LOT of steps up to the roof.  (And I had just had knee surgery...  but this was OBVIOUSLY NOT why my knee hurt so bad the next day.  LOL!)


The view from the roof isn't really spectacular, but it is nice. 

Definitely a place I would recommend, especially on a week night.  


=====================


1 comment:

  1. Thanks Heather I think I will definitely try that out. Is that an oxymoron? think and definitely

    ReplyDelete

I'll read the comments and approve them to post as soon as I can! Thanks for stopping by!