Friday, July 5, 2019

The BBQ Bus in Tunkhannock - Greenly's BBQ

526 Thurston Hollow Road, Tunkhannock PA 18657

When we travel anywhere, I always look for the unique places to eat.  While at a geocaching event near Tunkahannock, I hadn't come up with anything in particular, so we asked the others at the event.  And someone said "well, there's a bus down the road that sells good BBQ".  BBQ out of a bus - that's right up our alley!
I admit I wasn't expecting quite this rustic.  When my mom saw these photos, she couldn't believe we ordered food.  But the inside of the bus was clean, and the bbq was fantastic!  
Imagine my surprise when I looked up their website...  I couldn't help but wonder if it was for the same place!  I am pretty sure it is though, the addresses match.  

We sat in a at picnic tables under a pavilion, and we ended up chatting with a local old timer who eats there regularly.  He told us about the Pittston Tomato Festival nearby - a week long festival that ends in a tomato fight.  You read that right - a tomato fight.  You can pay $10 to throw tomatoes at each other in an epic food fight. So we definitely have a reason to get back to this BBQ bus - because I really need to see the tomato fight for myself!  https://www.pittstontomatofestival.com/


=========================

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll read the comments and approve them to post as soon as I can! Thanks for stopping by!