Monday, September 21, 2015

Spring Water Trough off 220 near Laporte PA


I love all the unique things geocaching takes us to see.  This cache was called "Have A Drink On Me 2". 

The gps coords for this location  are - N 41° 26.380 W 076° 27.319 

When you go to google maps and enter those coords, you don't see the road - but there is a brick road that loops off of 220 here.  
The road that loops around is brick - 

I've tried to find out more about how it came to be, but so far have not turned up any information on it.  I'm hoping someone who sees this post will have more information to share.


===================


4 comments:

  1. I'm curious how it came to be on Susquehanna Valley Blogspot. There was talk of a Geotrail or something of the sort by Susquehanna Greenway 3 years ago. Haven't heard anything about it since the article ran in the Sun-Gazette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It came to be here because I visited it and photographed it, then added it to my blog. :-) I think there was a geotrail back in 2013, from what I have read, but I don't know that it still exists - I can't find a link to the passport anymore - http://susquehannagreenway.org/west-branch-susquehanna-geotrail

      Delete
    2. Heather, same day you replied I got this reply from Susquehanna Greenway.

      Hi Denny,
      Thanks for your note about the geocaching! You are right, we've been working on-and-off for three years to develop this extensive trail. Currently, we have caches on the ground in Clearfield County and are moving on to Lycoming and Northumberland counties in spring 2016. Unfortunately, due to caching rules, we can't make the caches public (posted online) until the entire trail is complete. Looks like Spring 2016 for our grand opening! Stay tuned to our monthly newsletter for news of the kick-off.

      Once the geotrail opens, we'd love to see your photos of adventures hunting our caches! Our Facebook Page is a great place to share those photos.

      Thanks so much for your support, and enjoy your outdoor explorations.


      Erin Pierce
      Program Coordinator
      Susquehanna Greenway Partnership
      201 Furnace Road
      Lewisburg, PA 17837

      www.SusquehannaGreenway.org

      Delete
  2. Supposedly it was for horses and locals to come and get water.

    ReplyDelete

I'll read the comments and approve them to post as soon as I can! Thanks for stopping by!