Tuesday, June 4, 2019

East Branch Falls - 3 Waterfalls

(I show these falls in reverse order, I think.  The 3rd one might be the first one...  )

Parking Coords - 41.4817893,-76.7496568

Located an hour to the north of us, these waterfalls are so close to the road that you can hear then when you get out of your car.  They are just a few hundred feet away.  If Walkers road is closed, it is still less than a mile to walk to these falls.  I just looked at the time stamps on my photos, and realized I have reversed the order of the falls in my photos.  So #3 is #1, and #1 is actually #3...  and we visited all 3 falls and found the geocache in under 30 minutes.  I'd plan on an hour and get better photos than I have here!


Apparently the ONLY photo I saved of the first waterfall is this selfie.  
41.4905556,-76.7525

East Branch Falls #2
41.4907242,-76.7527705

East Branch Falls #3
41.4910836,-76.7529217

===========================




A Mini Road Trip
I found my evernote list for this Sunday Waterfall Trip.  It is very brief.  High Knob Overlook is about an hour away.  This area is also very near World End State Park.
(We appear to have actually tackled this list in reverse, but it worked!)


First:
Dry Run Falls (Geocache & a Waterfall)
Mary's View (A Geocache & An Overlook)
Two Letters For High Knob (A Geocache & An Overlook)

THEN:
Mill Creek Falls is located 1.5 miles from the intersection of Mill Creek Road and Route 87, north of Hillsgrove, Pennsylvania. There is a small pull-off on the left side of the road that can accommodate 2-3 cars. The parking area is located at approximately the following coordinates: 41.457481, -76.723683.

Thirsty - Too Bad (Interesting stonework - old well or spring house?)
Slab Run Road Vista

East Branch Falls



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll read the comments and approve them to post as soon as I can! Thanks for stopping by!