Tuesday, June 4, 2019

The Old "Springhouse" on Camels Road In Hillsgrove Pa

Camels Road, Hillsgrove Pa
41.4833216,-76.7460344

This is a "Seen While Geocaching" structure.  The cache page refers to it as a springhouse, and also as a well.  It's located in the same general area as some great waterfalls, and overlooks, and is one more neat thing to see in this area..  but I sure would love to know exactly what it was!

Springhouses are typical found beside dairy farms, and are small buildings over a stream, used to keep items cool.  More information here.  I'm really not sure that is what this structure was - but it is possible.

The Geocache here is named "Thirsty?  Too Bad."

There is an amazing site here with old photos and history of Hillsgrove, but I did not see any mention of this structure, unfortunately.  

===============

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! Thanks for sharing this. I agree, doesn't look like a springhouse. Maybe there was more structure to it that is long gone.

    ReplyDelete

I'll read the comments and approve them to post as soon as I can! Thanks for stopping by!