Keefer Mill Covered Bridge (Keefer Bridge No. 7) is a 78 foot long Burr Truss bridge built in 1853
On Route 346 (Keefer Mill Road) off of Mexico Road, southwest of Washingtonville in Liberty Township, Montour County, Pennsylvania
It has a square opening, which is unusual for covered bridges in PA. The panels on the front creating the square opening are called "storefront panels".
An article in the Daily Item in 2015 states:
The Keefer Covered Bridge No. 7 is a historic wooden covered bridge located in Liberty Township near Washingtonville in Montour County, Pennsylvania. It is a 78 foot long, Burr Truss bridge built in 1853 by William Butler at the cost of $498.00. Crossing the Chillisquaque Creek, the bridge has a square opening; rare for covered bridges in Pennsylvania. The site of the bridge was near Geringer's Mill of which little is known but records list the builder of the mill as George W. Keefer and was possibly named after him. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.
An Index Of Covered Bridges
In Our Area