Friday, October 2, 2020

Eccentric Match Peddlar Found Dead In Ranglers Orchard, 1877


On October 2, 1877, Rosanna Hartman, an eccentric match peddler, was found dead in Rangler's Orchard.  She had $149 in coins around her waist.  Age 70.

Based on that:
Rosanna Hartman Born Abt 1807, Died 1877

I have not found any other mentions of "Ranglers Orchard", however, there are quite a few to "Ranglers Grove", which was later referred to as the grounds of the Milton Rod & Gun Club.

That's all I've been able to find.  I feel like there's probably a story here, and the genealogist in me can't help but think that someone out there may appreciate that tidbit of information, so I am posting it  here.  Hopefully some day I will find more information, or someone will contact me with "the rest of the story".

=========================
Find More Stories & History From Milton - 

For more Stories & History From Nearby Towns:

=================
READ MORE
=================
September 1894

May 1910






No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll read the comments and approve them to post as soon as I can! Thanks for stopping by!