Thursday, December 17, 2020

Rice's Department Store, Sunbury PA

Located at 3rd & Market St, by the railroad tracks

Sometimes I share things because I love the history. Sometimes, I just liked the photo.
I really love this postcard.  :-)

According to an advertisement in 1910, Rices Department Store Opened in 1900.
"Just ten years ago this firm started in a small sore room 25x40 feet, and by their legitimate business methods of selling better merchandise for better money, have grown to be the largest department store in this section, occupying thousands of square feet of floor space."






1910

1912
=================
More Stories & History From Sunbury Pa

And more Stories & History From surrounding towns:

===========
Read More
=============
Samuel Rice, son of Henry & Emma (Goldberger) Rice, immigrants from Hungary,  was born in Youngstown Ohio in 1878.  His family moved to Williamsport sometime prior to  1900. 
He married Bertha Frank in 1909.  Samuel  is buried in Wildwood Cemetery, in Williamsport.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll read the comments and approve them to post as soon as I can! Thanks for stopping by!