Monday, June 27, 2022

Clarkstown, Pennsylvania

 
Clarkstown, Lycoming County Pennsylvania

Recently I was asked if would be willing to add  history from Clarkstown to the blog here.  So today I pulled up my folder to sort out all of my Clarkstown Photos...  and I have none.  Not a one.  A very quick search turned up just a few items.  I'm sure over time I can add a lot more, but right now, I don't even know what year the town was incorporated, and the above post card is the only town post card I have found so far.  If you have any to contribute, please send to htruck@gmail.com or message me through the Valley Girl Views facebook page.  Thanks!

Mill Dam, Clarkstown, 1907
My best guess, currently, is that this was for the Wallis Mill, in Moreland Twp (right outside of Clarkstown)

"Rock Road Near Clarkstown PA"
Painted by Helen Edkin Sheaffer [1909-2005]  of Montoursville  

Clarkstown, Pa - 1873

Clyde Peeling with an American alligator in his "backyard zoo" in Clarkstown, PA circa 1956.

October 5, 1938
First wedding in the 68 year old church in Clarkstown

1890 - P.K. Fisher, well known distiller from Clarkstown

Warren D. Foust  "Flying - A Gasoline", 1947

September 9th, 1937
New Type Of Highway At Clarkstown
===================



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll read the comments and approve them to post as soon as I can! Thanks for stopping by!