Saturday, August 18, 2012

Hiking from Adams Falls to Waters Meet At Ricketts Glen

At Waters Meet, Ricketts Glen Falls Trail, Wyandot Falls

When you don't have time to hike the entire trail at Ricketts Glen, hiking from Adams Falls to Waters Meet is a nice alternative.  The hike is approximately 2.5  miles, and when we take our time, and enjoy each fall, we hike there and back in 2 hours or less.  In this section you can see 6 waterfalls: 
Adams Falls, Kitchen falls (located under the highway), and then on up the trail is Murray Reynolds, Sheldon Reynolds, Harrison Wright, and visible just to the right of  Waters Meet is Wyandot.





We had an unexpected free day, thanks to a change in our schedule.  Well, a free half day.  Enough for Dan and I to slip away for a date day at Ricketts Glen!  We wanted to both hike and kayak, and had limited time, so we opted to see Adams Falls (my favorite) then hike to Waters Meet, before kayaking Lake Jean.




At this sign we opted to take the moderate trail up, and the difficult trail back.  I did all of this in Old Navy flip flops, with no problem.  I can't say that's what I'd recommend wearing, but I'm very comfortable in them, since I prefer to be barefoot and in the water as much as possible.


steps on the trail


I loved this rock!  Can you see the eye and the "smile"?  It looked like a happy turtle to me. Then below is the other side of the same rock:


 A scarier turtle.  :-)



Murray Reynolds Falls

Sheldon Reynolds Falls

Harrison Wright Falls, Ricketts Glen

=================================
Places To Hike


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll read the comments and approve them to post as soon as I can! Thanks for stopping by!