Saturday, October 6, 2018

Sites To Help You Find The Unique Places In PA



I wrote a longer post on tips for planning a road trip - using My Maps & Evernote, etc...  but I wanted to keep this list of sites seperate and easier to find.  These are the many sites I follow, and specifically check when planning a roads trip:


My Maps
This is my own, personal, google my map where I "pin" every fun thing I find that I might want to see, do, or experience someday.  Think of it as a better organized pinterest for road trips.  I strongly suggest everyone creates there own - it's an awesome resource!  I explain how here:

Uncovering Pa

Roadside America PA Map

Pa Covered Bridges

PA Waterfalls

Strange Pa

Weird Pa

Pennsylvania Proud

Only In Your State - PA

Discovery Pa


Roadside Architecture - this site is harder to weed through, but it's got so much fun stuff!

Facebook Groups:

Pennsylvania Rambler  

Kayaking In Pa - a facebook group for posting photos of kayaking trips in PA - they also organize group floats as events!

Pennsylvania Photography

Instagram Hashtags:

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/weirdpa/

https://www.instagram.com/pennsylvaniaisbeautiful/



Finding Places To Eat

Yelp.  Yelp is my go to when traveling, for finding restaurants.  However, lately I am finding it harder to find the unique places, the diner and dives, among the bigger chains.  Still, I never plan a trip without checking it.

This is a facebook group - it's small, but people post pics of restaurant food in the Susquehanna Valley area.  It's a great way to find new restaurants!  https://www.facebook.com/groups/273861819783441

My List of Places To Try (And Our Favorites) in our area:
http://susquehannavalley.blogspot.com/2017/03/our-places-to-try-list.html


For Very Specific Areas:

A facebook group for the Pine Creek Rail Trail.  (LOTS of great photos and tips, and often things to see near the trail too...)

Uncovering Philly

Abandoned PA Turnpike

PDF Maps of the PA Gamelands

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll read the comments and approve them to post as soon as I can! Thanks for stopping by!