Monday, January 3, 2022

Catawissa Station At Milton

 The Catawissa Railroad Station on South Front Street in Milton was first used on January 15th 1871. 
I have a postcard somewhere in my files that was labeled Milton Railroad Station, but was definitely not any of the buildings around the train station that today is the Milton Borough Office.  Now, years later, I think that just might be the "Catawissa Railroad station on South Front Street In Milton", but now I cannot find the photo.  I'm sure it's in a misc. file, since it did not appear to be of the stations I knew in Milton.  Hopefully I will come across it before too long.

The station was robbed on January 4th 1875

According to the November 15th Lewisburg Chronicle, the Catawissa Freight Station in Milton was destroyed by fire on "Thursday of last week".  [ November 7th 1895]

The Miltonian reported it as a fire at the "old abandoned freight depot of the P & R.R.R.".  The cause was listed as probably from a passing engine, or possibly by tramps "tho have long used it as a rendezvous."

====================
March 1875 


In 1906, The Catawissa Railroad received permission to lay a new track "about 100 feet west of its current track"
October 5 1906






No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll read the comments and approve them to post as soon as I can! Thanks for stopping by!