Wednesday, February 12, 2020

The One Room Schoolhouse On Hill School Road, Lewisburg


 I passed this school /home while looking for my great grandmothers homestead.  It's located on Hill School Road, so it may be named the Hill Schoolhouse?  Or it could be Hill School Road simply because there was a school, on a hill.  I do not know.

Mary Belle Lontz wrote about one room schoolhouses, if I remember correctly, there may be a book at the Union County Historical Society with more information.


==================
An Index of one room school houses in the Susquehanna Valley

2 comments:

  1. Hi Heather,
    This schoolhouse is listed on Airbnb and it is even cuter inside. I’m sure the owners would fill you in it’s history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cousin stayed here in October for my Dad's funeral. It's super cute and you can even ring the school bell!! I would love to more about it! They have turned it into a charming, quiet, comfortable place to stay.

    ReplyDelete

I'll read the comments and approve them to post as soon as I can! Thanks for stopping by!