Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Black Run School

Black Run School
Located on Black Run Road, near Mazeppa
"Black Run School - A One story brick building located two miles northwest of Mazeppa along the Black Run Road"


Mary Erb (last row far right), Lester Mook, Beatrice Reitenbach (back row, tallest girl)

Lewisburg Journal 
Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
12 Feb 1909, Fri  •  Page 2

The bell is still there - May 2019


In 1953, three one room school houses in Union County were put up for sale, including the Black Run School.


Later newspaper articles refer to the Black Run Chapel for funerals, birthday parties, and a wedding.  As of May 2019, it looks to be unused, although I am not certain.



===============



1 comment:

  1. OMG I cant believe there is a pic of my Father! Raymond Miller! I never seen a pic of him being this young. He took me to church there when I was little girl and that is where he went to school. He is in Heaven now but he would be proud of this pic. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I'll read the comments and approve them to post as soon as I can! Thanks for stopping by!